Sunday, July 30, 2006

I Wish I Knew What Was Going On Here!

Well it seems that the girl remembers very little at this point, not why she was running or where to find anyone who may be able to help her. Her name is Bella, but beyond that she doesn't recall anything else about herself. I've just started to called her Bella Argyle because of those very distinctive pants she wears. I figured that an evening during the summer season always causes me to remember things past, perhaps it would work with Bella as well? We took a walk after dinner and as she went she seemed to at least be calm. For you see, she has been terribly disturbed by the fact that she recalls so little. Anyway we continued on our way down the road when we approached an area of road that was covered by trees. A stream runs under a small bridge just as one crosses over into that section of road. We caught the smell of the forest and she gasped. “I know this place.” Suddenly she ran to the stream and took off her shoes. She cautiously slid her feet into the water. The stream immediately began to foam and up from the waters shot an imp-like creature. “Bella.” He snorted. “What brings you here?”

She spoke quietly as she shook her head. “Boswell, I recall you but not why...” “Why what?” Boswell asked. “Why you are here, or why I remember this place, but I know it is important as are you.” Boswell grinned. “So you can't remember dear Bella?” “No.” She replied, distressed. Boswell clapped his wet hands together. “Ah you are and I are both in fortunate situations. For I can help you remember most of everything you may have forgotten!” At this Bella smiled. “But what do you gain from that?” I interrupted. He looked at me and snorted again. “Well it just so happens that I am under a curse and YOU, my dear, are the only one who can break it.” Bella's smile faded. “But Boswell I don't remember anything, how can I break your curse?” “I can tell you exactly what to do, but, but it has to be you that does it, and not me.” He explained. She shrugged her shoulders. “Great!” He answered as he clapped his hands together again. “Now, first things first. The game.” “Game?” I asked. “Yes the game, Misty Maple...” “Misty Maple!” Bella exclaimed, “I remember that game for some reason, but not why it's important...” “Oh.” Boswell looked a bit put out by this turn of events. “You know remember how to play?” He shrugged his shoulders and pointed at me. “He can do it....er...HAS to do it.” Bella glanced over. “Why must he do it, if I'm to break the curse?” “Thems the rules, first we've got to play a game and then you come back tomorrow and finish breaking my curse.” “Tomorrow? But what about telling me who I am?” “Tomorrow as well, break my curse and I'll tell you all about yourself.” He looked at me, “You don't know how to play, Bella I want to give him a chance to learn since you recall how much fun the game can be.” I walked up beside her and asked. “Can we trust him?” She sighed. “We have little choice.” At that Boswell snapped his fingers and I found myself the size of a minnow. Boswell had also shrunk down and now we were floating downstream on a maple leaf with a deck of cards, a cup filled with water, and a dice. “How do you play?” I asked. Boswell flashed a wicked grin. “I can tell you, Misty Maple must be figured out!” “But I'll lose!” I shouted. “I know.” The game commenced, there was a swirling of a cup filled with water, a dice dropped into it followed by more swirling and then a quick emptying of all the cards in our hand. Boswell shouted “I win!” Suddenly I found myself standing in the water next to Bella, full size. “You lose, see you tomorrow!” With that he splashed back into the waters where we could not find him...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites