Sunday, July 23, 2006

Yeah, I'd Trade That In...

So the other day I picked up a sweet game for my old schoolin' game console. I was in the store when I found an interesting cartridge. It was black...suspicious? Very. Immediately I thought of that movie where the girl pops out of the television set and makes you totally grody because she's grody and let's face it no one wants to be grody alone, seriously. So of course I bought the thing, figuring, that I might as well add a bit of adventure to my weekend. I arrived home and decided to pop in the game. Of course I had to blow on it a few times because everyone knows, the game really can't be that good unless you need to blow on it to get it to work. That's just a fact. However the screen came on, the title music began to play and then suddenly a monster appeared on the screen! He leaped out of the picture, just like in that sad tale of grodiness. “I am the Pixel Monster of PIXELATION!” Then he shot out a pixel fireball that totally blew up my sofa. “Dude. You totally can't go popping out of television sets and wreck people's sofas like that, and seriously Pixel monster of Pixelation?? Two of the same word in your title, they could sell any game idea in the eighties...” I sighed. The monster blinked a few times. “But the cartridge was cursed and you brought this curse upon your house!” I shook my head. “Yo dude, I understand the cursed bit, but I was expecting more of the gagging up Nintendo controllers and seeing some freaky crap in my mind, NOT let's just jump straight out and wreck stuff, that variety of curse is totally weak and is really causing me to consider whether or not this game was even worth the two bucks I paid for it.” He blinked again. “Seriously?” “Seriously, your curse sucks dude.” This made him cry...large pixel tears, I rolled my eyes as he sobbed and broke down my front door. The pixelated tears trickled out the newly made hole in my wall. I decided to play Tetris instead.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites