Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Argyle Madness!

With suspicions we returned the next day. Bella could not remember much more and i was left baffled by the mysterious game called misty maple. What role did it play in all of this and why on earth had Boswell been so adamant about an inexperienced player facing him? The day was hot and so we decided to head out closer to sunset. We made the journey back the the stream. Bella hesitated and looked at me. “I'm hesitant and I don't know why, shouldn't I be happy to lift this curse?” I shrugged uncertain of what to say but figuring I should give some input. “I know little about curses but do you remember anything about his?” She shook her head disparagingly, “No, but I suppose we shall simply have to see what happens, he is waiting for us.” With that she stepped into the waters once again. In an instant Boswell had returned. “Bella, so good to see you. It took you long enough.” “Boswell” Bella started. “What is this curse you are under?” Placing his small hand upon his brow Boswell began. “I have been transformed and imprisoned as an imp.” “But why am I the one to break the spell, how do I know you Boswell?” The imp frowned. “I can not tell you, part of the terms of the curse, but because of our relation you can break it.” He looked at me and then back to Bella. “Now are you ready to break this blasted curse?” She nodded grimly. Boswell quickly snatched a clump of mud from the shoreline and handed it to Bella. Then he placed himself in front of her and closed his eyes. “Drop the mud upon me and the spell will do the rest.” She nodded again and slowly let the lop slip through her fingers. As it fell she waved both of her hands out to the sides and then clapped them together in front of Boswell. With a flash and a swirling jet of mist Boswell stood up, no longer an imp but instead a young man, bearing a striking resemblance to Bella. He smiled at her and bowed. “Thank you kindly dearest sister.” Immediately Bella gasped. “Boswell!” “Wait a minute!” I interjected. “What about who she is?” Boswell grinned at me and jumped back and forth on the balls of his feet, getting accustomed to being free of his imp-self. “I've told her all she needs!” And with another bow he took off through the stream. Bella took off after him only to stop in her tracks as a loud crack split the sounds of the outdoors. “I have found you at last!” Boswell's eyes widened. “Garbage!” And with that he vanished into thin air. By this point I was absolutely baffled. “What just happened?!?” Bella turned to me with teary eyes. “It was Boswell, he was my brother...I was the one who placed him under the curse initially.” I scratched my head as she continued. “It was the Witch of Cornwall, he fell in love with her but her goal was to steal his strength to make herself stronger...I turned him into that imp for to protect him and now I've undone my own work!” She fell on her knees into the cool waters. “But how could that be?” I asked. “Misty maple was our favorite game and I always won against him. To ensure the spell would not be broken by accident I made a clause, he had to beat me, or someone playing for me before the curse could even be broken. Now I've messed things up royally.” We headed back for a cup of tea because seriously, tea always makes things a little better...unless you have frequent bladder troubles, then maybe not...but otherwise...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites