Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's Castcomtic!

My time at Tee pees and Escapades has ended. The time has passed quickly but Thursday was my last day of work. I bid everyone farewell, the day had been uneventful. It was a touching moment as everyone waved, for a moment I felt like an astronaut, reading himself to launch off. However as I placed my keys in the ignition there was a rumbling unlike any in recent memory. Was I hungry? Certainly not! For low and behold, the entire store was being overwhelmed, warehouse and all. Every delivery truck, every box by the dumpster! From the ground dark bubbles began to rise, these turned into tentacles, which then turned into a gigantic blob. As it grew a head formed. It leered at me as I took notice of the large CASTCOM logo branded on its forehead...This would not do. Has it already been a month since I faced off with that fiend? If only I had not fled, if only it had ended there! This beast continued to grow as it reached for the sky. It's head continued skyward as it's neck continued to extend. It was then that the manager...err...managed to press himself against the blob. He shouted to me from inside. “Use our rental rocket and pump!” I looked at him quizzically, for the delivery trucks had all be consumed by this beast...save one. I quickly ran to the truck and threw open the door. Inside I found a suit hanging on a hook, I put it on and set the ship up. It was a rocket for one. I slung the pump on my back and sat down. How funny that now I really WAS readying myself to launch. I flipped a flew switches and soon the rocket engine began to snort. With a sudden bang the ship exploded into the air. As I ascended I wondered what I was supposed to DO with the pump? But then I saw it, a giant Adam's apple on the neck of the beast. In the center was a large X. I quickly got my pump ready and sent it flying. The mechanical pack started going and soon the monster began growing in size. I watched it's head as it bobbled too and fro. Suddenly it began to shake uncontrollably Followed by a large explosion. I blinked curiously as its remains fizzled into nothingness. The landing was rough but when I got out my manager thanked me. I nodded and smiled but in my head I knew one thing was certain, the vacation was off, I was going CEO hunting. So on Tuesday I'm afraid I will not be able to update as I will be in a very large city far away, attending to business...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites