Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Mood Swingy

The CEO frowned as this strange figure approached. He began to stagger as he reached the edge of the building. His facial expression shifted from madness to calm. He looked at me and flashed a skeptical look. “You should not be involved...”He started calmly only to return to his wild state. His face seemed to remain placid as his hands convulsed. He clenched them so that they looked like claws. Slowly he reached up and tilted the top portion of his head back. It remained fastened by the stitches. And as he did this a dark mist began to pour out. It formed into a grinning fiend of a thing. “I wish to handle this matter myself” The smoky cloud bellowed. The three flies trailing behind him buzzed lower as if obeying that comment. The CEO and the figure went into a bout of intense dialog, meanwhile I was thankful to have a deck of cards on my person. When they finished talking I'd play it by ear, but right now I felt a game of Solitaire was appropriate. I lost. But by the time I was realizing this the wind had picked up. The gathered cloud began to drift up towards the over-sized CEO and expanded until it was all around him. “It was in your best interests!” His loud voice echoed across the city. “Don't you know that's not the way things work?” The smoke cloud retorted. Meanwhile the body of the boy stood silent, his head still pulled open. “That is far too conventional...I'm seated in something much deeper, death can not find me that way...” I was totally confused at this point but began top pay more attention because at that point in the conversation, well it really wasn't conversation. The CEO wailed as he suddenly began to melt away. The dark cloud swirled around him; the winds were very turbulent. With a quick jerk the CEO suddenly vanished, however as a result the air around us seemed to reverse, instead of swirling towards him they blew away. The dark mist blew over me and pushed me backwards, off of the edge of the roof. Fortunately I grabbed on but I could not see the boy from that vantage point. I was clutching the edge for my very life, slowly I pulled myself back up but by the time I had he was standing there silently watching me. His face was calm... “Thank you.” He nodded. I brushed myself off and he extended his hand. I shook it and then he said to me. “I have little place to go and you have done me a great favor, do you mind if I tag along?” I shrugged. Might as well, after all, I already had a strange girl with (I'm assuming) an even stranger past, why not allow a Frankensteined fellow join the bunch?

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites