Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Not as good as Gelato, but hey, still good...

Bella has been gone for a week now and life goes on. Anyone that reads this journal regularly should not find it surprising that I have once again been drawn into yet another odd series of circumstances. This time the circumstances seem a bit dire because they involve the end of the world (supposedly). Anyway, things are going as they do. That is how this all started. We were running low on groceries so I decided to head out and get more. I picked up a carton of chocolate and vanilla ice cream because I know Rodney and Boswell like it. Anyway I was in the parking lot when I head a rhythmic clanging noise. Then, in the distance I spied a large astronaut carrying a staff. Around his neck was a decorative cloth. “Behold dear child!” He announced through his muffled breathing unit. “You have brought us the sacred item of the apocalypse!” I looked him straight in the face...well more like straight in the opaquely-colored bubble helmet but I assumed that's where his face was, but you never know with my life right? Anyway here we sat, bubble to face. “What are you talking about?” He straightened up. “I am Timothy, high priest and leader of the great cult of Ala-Astro-Astronomers...or triple AAA. We have foreseen the end of the world and now I have come to claim the crucial piece that shall make it all happen.” I looked at him, unamused. “What?” He pointed to the bag with the ice cream. “That ice cream you have, it is the very ice cream that will rule as the Supreme Emperor. We must take it so that it may be committed to the moon in a pageant of holy matrimony.” This was getting strange, even for me. “You're going to marry my ice cream...to the moon.” He nodded. “That is correct. Now if you would kindly hand it over...” I pulled the ice cream from the bag and clutched it tightly. “Forget it.” he shrugged. “Very well.” He dropped his staff and clapped both of his hands. At once a mob of astronauts got out of cars and began to advance towards me. I clutched the ice cream tighter. I wanted a tasty treat and paid good money for this, no way would it be committed to the moon, it might end up melting. “We need it....” “give it to us...” Like zombies they advanced. I quickly turned and ran, breaking past two of the astronauts and bolting out of the parking lot...

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

hahaha... this cracks me so much up. You know? Rock on. = )

 
Add to Technorati Favorites