Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Departure

Earlier this today Basil came bolting into the kitchen as I was standing around preparing my breakfast. “Cousin! I think I'm going to be off again!” I was quite startled. “So soon? It's only been a month!” He smiled and nodded. “Yes yes, you see I was just contacted by a friend of mine, he's found it.” “It what?” I asked. “It, as in the samovar of Czar Samovar of Russia!” I looked at him confused. “Such fortune can only be providence!” Basil remarked as he looked skyward. “You see, I came across that legendary tea of life in Africa. Now I believe I've found another.” He immediately began a rambling description. “The tea of Samovar is said to be tea of great wisdom, even more so than your normal tea would give you. His tomb was a well hidden place, but despite that rumors spoke of his samovar, which was given to him by Mongolians. It was he that popularized the heating implement in Russia, hence it's name. Anyway this tea of wisdom was stored in his samovar, which I've just found out, was buried with him. I'm meeting my friend in St. Petersburg and from there we will be embarking on a journey to the tomb. Now I can see you're wondering why the tea of wisdom is not located somewhere in the middle east around Jerusalem or in Greece, where the wisest men in the world were purported to live. According to my studies in tea lore, the ancient bush, from which this tea was obtained was in Jerusalem. It may have been the burning bush that spoke to Moses in the Old Testament, I have come across some speculation that the bush was planted outside of the temple before it's destruction. However I can not go to this bush because it was either destroyed or stolen during the crusades. My guess would be that it was destroyed, possibly even earlier because there would be other legendarily wise individuals recorded. However, there are some colleagues of mine who think that the bush was stolen and that it is kept hidden by the Illuminati...” “You're leaving then?” Bella suddenly interrupted. We both turned to look at her. “To Russia?” She asked. “Yes, it is time for me to be off again, in the search of tea!” She nodded quietly and left the room. Basil's constant smiled faded for a moment before he relapsed into the details of the tea's origin, including a force of Russian crusaders who obtained a portion of the bush without knowing what it was. Bella returned with resolve in her face. “Basil.” She started. “Would you mind if I would accompany you?” I inhaled sharply, something about this request hit me hard. Basil turned and smiled at her. “It will be dangerous most likely.” She nodded. “All the better, it'd be dull otherwise.” His smiled got even larger and he nodded. “Indeed, cheers!” She shouted as he lifted his cup of tea and downed the rest. “Our flight leaves at 3 O' Clock today!” He announced as he scampered off to his room to pack. Bella looked at me. “I'm sorry, it wouldn't be right otherwise.” I nodded silently. She approached me and gave me a farewell hug. “We'll be back before you know it.” It was the we that cut straight to my core...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites