Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Brain Freeze

The astronauts pursued me as I leaped through bushes and tried to evade them. But as I ran more seemed to show up. If this ice cream really was to be part of the cult's supreme rite, I suppose all members were required to try and obtain it. I thought quickly, if I ate the ice cream they'd stop chasing me. Of course, they also might kill me. But they might do that regardless now that I ran and I wanted ice cream if I was to die so soon. At once I flipped the lid off and shoveled it into my mouth, using a spoon I carried with me, just in case. Perhaps this ice cream really turned out to be my saving grace. The astronauts stopped. Had I defeated them? But then I saw Tim approaching. “He has it inside of him. It is still good.” I was shocked at this response. “So long as we can get him before he discharges it our Emperor is safe.” “What are we to do to get it out?” One of the cult members nearby me asked. “We must cut out his stomach.” Tim announced. The astronauts moved in to grab me but I quickly jumped out of the way and dodged their large arms. I punch Tim right in the bubble helmet, shattering the glass. I really don't know how they'd go to outer space in those suits if I could break the glass. A sinister eye watched me from inside the helmet. “Take him to the temple!” This time I was caught and though I fought I could not escape the tight grasp of the cult members. I hadn't died at this point but what was I to do? In the hustle an bustle the cult members failed to see a small, ordinary looking mouse on the ground. My eyes widened at the prospect and I quietly whispered “mouseknit!” to it. The small creature scampered away and I closed my eyes hoping that I might be saved. If only that mouse could run fast enough...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites