Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Drawing or viewing cartoon images of Gorgons don't cause one to turn to stone (thank goodness!)

The mouse reached its destination in time, but things still took a turn for the worse. I was being hauled in the arms of the sinister Astro-Astronomer. But still I waited for the right moment. Perhaps if I could have caused myself to vomit in a drain, that may have worked? I would have probably met a similar fate now that I reflect upon it. For certainly now I have time to reflect. As we walked on I waited patiently until the astronaut decided to shift arms. At that moment I elbowed him in the head and bolted off. The crowd of astronauts pursued me but I managed to keep ahead of them. However, I should have remembered Tim. When I punched the hole in his helmet I felt a chilling sensation move throughout my body, almost as if I were beginning to freeze. His laughter echoed down the street as I ran. I heard a small explosion as two astronauts were jet-propelled forward. They arrested me once again and I struggled. Tim made his way through the crowd and looked at me. “It is perhaps time you learned my secret...” He smiled and chuckled. A small mouse was lurking around my foot but I did not look at it. “Yes indeed. We can restore you when we haul you to base, certainly you will be heavier but more manageable.” I scowled. “What do you mean?” “In Greek mythology there is a story of gorgons. I am the son of one such creature.” I grew very nervous when he said this. He reached for his helmet and undid the latch. “Only a direct gaze can paralyze someone. The Greeks understood how this worked at first but as time went on we gorgons had created such a myth around ourselves that many deemed the paralysis to be irreversible. But then again, stone is quite had to reverse!” He grinned as he coyly played with his helmet. “Now you shall see that struggling serves no purpose!” He hissed as he cast his helmet away. The astronauts holding me loosened their grip, but it was because they turned to stone. I moved to avert the gaze but that could not stop it. As my vision grew cold I heard the squeaking of many rats. Among them towered the Rat King. He had come to repay a debt and settle a score. The Rats began to viciously attack the astronauts. Tim scowled and stared the Rat King in the face. “I wish I could turn you to stone.” Tim hissed. “But you know you have no such control over we the rats!” The King retorted. “And your hand can not slay me either.” Tim chortled. “We can not kill you but we can overrun your army.” Tim's eyes grew wide. “The plague!!” “Yes, your men now all have the disease we carry so well.” Tim shook his head. “I wish you had not gotten involved, this only stirs our long spat, astronauts against the rats. And like any cliché feud, this is not over!” Tim bellowed as he and his men bolted away from the terrible spot at the corner of Birch and Chestnut. The Rat King approached me and observed. “It is hopeless to restore the stones...” “Nay sir!” A small voice squeaked. “They mentioned a way to restore one. Perhaps we can find someone who may know?” The Rat King nodded. “Someone from the age of the Greeks...” Then the King sighed. “I wish events in the life of Faux Leroy played out quicker than once every week...” I, being stuck in stone agreed with him.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites