Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Even in Nilfheim...

The longer I dwell in the Underworld the more and more dead I begin to feel and look. I know I am paler than before, it is as if I'm already making that transition. I rode the Ski Doo as far as I could. At least until I reached Nilfheim. You see, the underworld is vast, and each name of the underworld, whether it be Sheol, Hell, Hades, or Nilfheim is really a mere district in the giant city of the dead, Necroplystyalias. I reached this city. And in the district of Nilfheim I found the Empress. There is a tree of all the pleasures on earth, good and bad. It is rooted here. It is quite funny actually, a Solarelks coffee was built at the base, I know they are everywhere up top but even in the underworld! I entered looking for a drink, the temptation down there was far too great. But I never bought a drink, because as I entered I saw her. The Spring Empress, an 8 dollar Mocha in hand. (It costs a lot to import coffee down there evidently) She looked at me. “Are you the Spring Empress?”. I expected to look for a cage and a sneering Winter King. “Indeed I am, who are you?” She replied loftily. “Faux LeRoy, I am here to save you.” I said, my resolve breaking with each word. She smiled. “Poor fool, I bet the Autumn King sent you here. Little did he know I came here of my own accord!” I scratched my head. “What does this mean?” Her eyes flashed gold. “I imagine you will inform him I do not wish to go.” I nodded. “You are a fool for coming here, and you shall never again leave!” She exclaimed as the store began rattling. I desperately jumped through the front windows as they exploded with the force of her might...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites