Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Dire Deed to be Done

I've managed to find yet another e-mail terminal while here in the underworld. It hasn't been easy, that is for certain. I crashed through the glass, unharmed but very frightened by the wrath of the Spring Empress. She loomed over me and grinned fiendishly. “What was the point of this? The elaborate scene of getting locked in the cage acting as a prisoner for the Autumn King?” “I could have left, but they would have brought me back. Instead if I were to be captured then my rescuers could all meet untimely ends until the rescue attempts decease...” I shook my head, unaware of what powers this creature had at her disposal. “Unfortunately you will be the first to meet his end, for I grew tired of my position as the Spring ruler. It is beautiful and wonderful, but I can do it no longer, the sum of creation is too vast to be limited to one tower for all eternity...” “You must return, what happens to the world if you do not?” She shrugged. “I don't rightly know, it has never happened that a season wanted to leave. Perhaps they have been late or early, but never has one wished to leave. I have done this of my own accord, and now I choose to go to a place from which I can never return from.” With all that said she sighed and held out her hand, a wilted flower appeared. She gazed at it with glassy eyes before extending it to me. I was just about to touch it when it flew from her hand. It buzzed through the air until another received it. “I am the Queen of Seasons.” She announced eloquently. It seemed that the very air disturbed by her breath glowed with a bit of light. “I have been told from the Autumn King that things have become dire.” The Empress of Spring looked silently at the Queen before speaking. “It is not true, things were not that bad...” The Queen closed her eyes. “Enough! I have heard it all, what you desire now and what you have become...In all the time since the foundation of the world have I never done what I am about to do. But as the Autumn King did say, things have become dire indeed...”

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites