Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Under and Out...

With a sad look on her face the Queen of Seasons lifted her hands. The breezes blew and all seasons seemed to occur all at once. The phantoms around us in the underworld suddenly seemed to pay attention. Before that point they seemed self-absorbed but now all gave their attention. This may have been the first time a breeze ever passed the turf of the underworld, it was as if the memories of those phantoms grew thick in the air. I began to have difficulty breathing, or was it then that I realized that my entire time in the underworld had been spent not breathing? Now that I was I felt a very small amount of air reach my lungs, I gasped, shocked by the sudden turn of events. The Queen of seasons turned to me. “My child, you were not supposed to dwell here so long, the look of this place has had its effect upon you and you have completed the task at hand. Return to your home and leave these matters in the hands of those who can handle them.” I tried stepping towards her but all things seemed to fade into a dark purple cloud. Before that happened though, I saw the Empress of Spring growing rapidly older as the cloud of her youth was stripped away by the Queen of Seasons. “This is what is necessary for Spring to happen again. If you choose to leave then the power that has granted your beauty shall leave you. The Empress looked distressed while the Queen looked on with a strange sense of calm. That was the last thing i saw before I found myself swirling through space, only to find myself at home once more, the place I had left a full month earlier...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites