Tuesday, May 08, 2007

O'er heather through aether

Basil grinned devilishly as he bolted out of the tavern. Kitty and I followed closely behind. He ran to a shed out behind the tavern. “A friend of mine was able to negotiate this space for working. I’m not sure how the deal went down.” Basil paused as he screwed his face up, trying to remember. “I think it featured the auctioning of a termite farm and three souls on Ebay.” “I would hope souls would get you a better shed than THAT.” Kitty muttered. Basil grinned. “The termite farm got the shed, the souls got what is inside!” He applied slight pressure to the door and it swung open upon creaky hinges. He threw on some brass goggles and long gloves. From a dirty old wooden chest in the back corner he drew an ordinary looking jar. Inside there was a small glowing object suspended in the center. “What is that thing?” I asked. “A small luminiferous aether!” My jaw dropped. “What does it do?” Kitty asked skeptically. “This aether generates light, and works almost like a small controlled black hole of sorts.” Basil’s grin spread even further across his face as he did an aerial kick.

“My plan is to enter the tomb of Samovar and release the aether. Even the fearsome spirit of Samovar could not stand against this force. It shall consume him and we can use him as we wish.” A dark expression flashed across my half-cousin’s features. “And then I can claim his legendary tea, drink it, and with the wisdom it provides, outwit any of the gypsy traps.”

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites