Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Leap in Many Ways...

With the ghost of Czar Samovar safely secured and in our control we pressed forward. The massive tomb grew darker as we progressed, the air was so stale. I felt ill in the stomach from the smells long forgotten and sealed away. But I glanced at Kitty who, though taken aback by the smell, never staggered. Certainly I could do the same. Basil was just somewhere completely different. He strode boldly, with the passion of an obsessed madman. I whispered my concern to Kitty, she agreed with me that drinking the tea was probably a bad decision. And so we quietly plotted behind Basil's back as he hummed a familiar tune. At this point it would be impossible to talk him out of this mad expedition, however, we could take the tea when we reached our destination and then, at least deliberate. I feared that his first instinct would be to drink it. And then we were there. Ancient torches, lit by some bewitching means, stood on either side. I looked around, this had to be it, we were in a vast chamber with a long staircase. Basil quickly bounded up the staircase. We tried to follow close behind. And then Kitty slipped. I turned to pick her back up and it was that moment that cost us our plan. Basil wads too far ahead by that point.

Upon reaching the top plateau the entire tomb began to quiver. The platform raised up from it's place deep in the earth and into the twilight above. A small pedestal rose as this happened. On it was a tea kettle. Basil turned and grinned at us. “It is perpetually steaming but never over steeping. It is an enchanted tea kettle of legend that makes the perfect cup every time.” I readied myself to make the jump onto the platform. But Kitty gabbed my hand, the distance between you and it is to far.” She motioned to the center of the staircase. Where it once sat was now filled by a deep hole. “If you miss the jump you shall fall to your death.” Our eyes met and we both knew our next course of action. She kissed my hand lightly and I jumped...

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites